Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Yes, we're home!!!!!!!!






I know lots of you have been waiting to hear from us. Well, we got in late friday night as planned. Avery did pretty well on the flights, with a little help from our friend, Benadryl! Saturday we were pretty much zombies, trying to fight the jet lag, but sunday we started coming alive. Avery spent time with Grandma and Grandpa saturday morning and did really well, giving them hugs/kisses when they left. We went on our first outing to Target sunday, we needed a "few" things! After naptime, we took Avery out for a walk in the stroller. We were greated by lots of neighbors and friends. I think she was a little overwhelmed at first, but then enjoyed being out. We took her in the backyard to play and after she got a feel for the yard, she had a lot of fun throwing balls, blowing bubbles and climbing on the swingset. Monday was a little more difficult. She had several meltdowns, didn't want to take a nap, but had slept terribly sunday night waking every hour!
Today has been a much better day. Avery slept all night and Keith went to work and Cole went to school today. She has been a very good eater and pretty playful. Luckily the weather is beautiful and we're able to get outside to walk and play.
Just as it was in China, everyday gets a little better. She is finding her way around the house pretty well and seeming more comfortable. She loves to sing and dance when the music is on, if only I knew what she was singing! She is saying a few english words, and will repeat things when she feels like it! She is real joy!! Cole is loving being a big brother and loves Avery, although I think he is trying to figure out how we all fit now. I'm going to take Avery in next week for his "show and tell"!
Will continue to post, but not daily!! I'm still trying to figure out "my" place in this all!!!
Love, Jackie

2 comments:

  1. Wow, so glad to hear from you guys, we were beginning to have withdrawal from your journey. Sounds like you are all finding your place in the family- I am sure it will take some getting used to. Cole is so BIG... I can't believe it. He looks like he likes his little sister. Thanks again for sharing so much with us as you go through the journey or your growing family. Can't wait until we get a chance to meet her... Enjoy and keep in touch when you can.

    Cindy & David

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, we are so happy you are home now:-) I was beginning to wonder how your trip home was. I am so happy to see everyone together as a whole. I can't get over how big Cole has gotten. I am so happy for him. Thanks for posting this update. I can put my mind at ease knowing your home.

    Kim

    ReplyDelete