Tuesday, March 3, 2009

She's officially ours!




It has been a longgggg few days, feels like we've been here a week already! Little Miss Avery is doing well. Finally able to undress her yesterday and found her little body under 4 layers (no lie) of clothes!!! She's really smart and has even pee'd on the potty a few times!! She has a little bit of stubborness in her, but seems to be taking to me, and getting along with us pretty well. I'm very sleepy, took an Ambien a little bit ago since i am totally sleep deprived, but i will have free time tomorrow to really add to this. I will say the official paperwork was completed in their local adoption center and these kids all became ours today!! We did some sightseeing in local neighborhoods, what a different life they lead. Did get to the pearl market with Zhou and found 2 high quality strands, one for me and one for Avery on a special day in her future to be determined! lots of love to you all, thanks for the prayers and notes. It means a lot. I know God has been watching over this whole process and as Keith says, gives us what we can handle! We feel so blessed...

5 comments:

  1. We are so very happy for you! She is a little doll baby! It is so nice to finally see you together. What a blessing. What does Cole think of his little sister?
    Safe travels for the rest of your trip. We can't wait to hear all about it. I hope you are able to get some rest - you have got to be exhausted!!
    All our love,
    Jim, Jackie and girls

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks awesome! How neat that you are getting to sightsee in China, what an amazing trip this is! I'm glad she is adjusting to her new family, just wait until she meets Cole! I can't wait for you to get home now. Enjoy the rest of your trip and getting to know your daughter. Can you believe you have 2 kids now?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so awesome to see Avery with you... finally!! The girls both said "awe.. she is SO CUTE!!" We look forward to more pictures... enjoy your time together in China, and we can't wait to meet her!! We'll continue to keep all three of you in our prayers for smooth transition into your family (of FOUR now!!) as well as for safe travel.

    Love and prayers,
    Steph, Doug, Alyssa, Kayla and Ella

    ReplyDelete
  4. IT is wonderful to see you together. We are so happy that beautiful little girl is now a part of your family. She is a lucky girl. I know Cole will love her to pieces. Try to get some rest, I bet it all seems a little surreal. Our prayers and love to all of you! Sandy and Bill

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jackie and Keith Congratulations! She is beautiful! I love your blog. I've been checking everyday and loving it. I didn't know how to sign up until today. I just wanted to send you lots of luck and well wishes even if they are from half way across the world. I can't wait to hear more stories. You all are in my thoughts and prayers. God Bless and get some rest-laurie+

    ReplyDelete